Rules subject to change, particularly between seasons.
- Period Length: 5 minutes (2 actual minutes)
- Note: Overtime is set to 2.5 minutes (1 actual minute)
- Goalies: Manual Control
- Penalties: On, Except Off-sides
- Line Changes: Off
- 44 games every season.
- The eventual league size will be 12 teams per league, so 4 games against each of the 11 opponents.
- Season 1: 9 teams each league, 5 games against 4 of the teams, 6 games against the other 4.
- Win: 2
- OT Win: 1.5
- Tie: 1
- OT Loss: 0.5
- Loss: 0
- Note: In the standings, points are rounded up to the next whole number, to avoid clutter.
- At the end of each season, a semi-random algorithm drops around 6 or 7 players from each team. You are more likely to keep your better players (you rank them)
- A draft is then held to re-fill the rosters.
- At then end of the draft, teams must have 12 players: 6 forwards, 4 defensemen, and 2 goalies.
- At no point can a team have more than 6 forwards, or 4 defensemen, or 2 goalies.
- This is refered to as "The 6F4D2G Rule."
- [not done]
- Season 1: Trading starts at the start of Round 4 of the draft.
- Season 2+: You can trade at any time other than during the season and playoffs. However, there isn't much point trading before the draft!.
- You can not have more than 6 forwards, 4 defensemen, or 2 goalies at any time (The 6F4D2G Rule).
- Typically, if you want to trade, say, a forward for a defenseman, then you also need to trade some benchwarmers to not violate the 6F4D2G Rule.
- If you want to trade an un-equal number of players, then the team getting an extra player needs to drop a player into the Free Agent pool, and team losing a player needs to pick up a Free Agent player.
- Trades deemed unfair by a large number of coaches will be nixed, to avoid creating powerhouse teams.
- The particular number of coaches and time frame is yet to be decided.
- You can trade players and draft picks.
- Trades can not contain assets from different seasons. For example, you can not trade a player 'this' season for a draft pick 'next' season.
- You can not trade ONE draft pick for ONE draft pick, since a higher draft pick is objectively worth more than a lower one, so such a trade is inherently unfair.
- In one season, you trade away up to 6 assets (a player or a draft pick).
- A season starts/ends the instant the draft's player protection list is due.
- If you trade away or drop a player, you can not get them back that same season.
- Players not on any teams are Free Agents
- You can drop one of your players and pick up a free agent at any time other than 1) during the season or playoffs, 2) during the draft and player protection period.
- You can not violate The 6F4D2G Rule.
- Free Agent transactions count against the 6 asset trade limit.
- Season1: max 2 free agent transactions per 24 hour period (averaged).
- Season2: max 1 free agent transactions per 24 hour period (averaged).